The atLEAF STD chlorophyll meter is a handheld, easy to use device for non-invasively measuring the relative chlorophyll content of green leaf plants. Chlorophyll can be an indication of the plants condition and uptake of nutrients. The chlorophyll content is simply measured by placing the leaf into the aperture of the device. Green leaves of up to 0.1 (3mm) thick can be measured.
There are three models. The atLEAF STD chlorophyll meter is the basic model without USB or Bluetooth. The atLEAF PLUS has a USB connection but no Bluetooth connection. The atLEAF BLUE chlorophyll meter is the top of the range model with USB connection and Bluetooth. see www.atleaf.com
By utilizing the four atLEAF STD chlorophyll meter keys you can
- View up to 64 measurements stored in the device’s memory
- Delete the most recently performed measurement
- Delete all measurements
- Calibrate the instrument
How does it work?
Plant relative chlorophyll concentration is measured by inserting a leaf into the device aperture. Green leaves of up to 0.1 inch (3mm) thickness can be measured. It only takes one press of the key to perform a basic measurement.
By utilizing the four atLEAF CHL STD keys you can:
- view up to 64 measurements stored in the device’s memory
- delete the most recently performed measurement
- delete all measurements
- perform instrument calibration
||Optical density difference at 2 wavelengths (640nm and 940nm)
||4 keys to operate all functions; simple, one-key operation to perform measurements only
||2 lines x 16 characters
|Data Memory Capacity
||2 AA (1.5V) batteries
||5,000-30,000 measures, depending on use and batteries type
|Time to perform a measure
||Less than 1 sec
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||164 x 78 x 49mm (6 1/2 x 3 x 2″)
||5.8oz (165g), not including batteries
|Auto power off
||after 1 minute of inactivity
||there is an inaccurate description in the CHL STD user manual Ver. 1.0 on page 10.
The following feature is not implemented in the CHL STD meter:
- By pressing and holding down the Enter key, the device will continue to do successive measurements while automatically calculating the mean value. When releasing the Enter key the calculated mean value is displayed and stored.
Each atLEAF device is assembled, tested and calibrated in the United States.